If you want people to gobble up your next appetizers with gusto, try these diet busters! My friend Donna's mother makes them every year for her Christmas Party...she did not have one this year, so I had to make them myself. I served them last night for a pre-Lady Gaga b-day party for artist, Charlie Houska. There was nothing left.
I was a little in a rush and just served the filling in a bowl with chips to dip. The recipe was copied from HERE.
- 1 lb cooked crumbled sausage meat, casings removed (2 cups cooked)(Try the Bob Evans Sage)
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup hidden valley original ranch salad dressing, prepared from mix(I used the bottle.)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- (I added 1 medium chopped yellow onion)
- (I also added some hot sauce to give it a kick)
- 1 (60 count) package wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil
1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2combine drained cooked sausage meat with the cheeses, salad dressing, olives and red pepper Lightly oil mini muffin tins and press a wrap in each tine so there are 4 wings sticking out Brush with oil bake 5 minutes until golden, remove wraps from pan, place on a baking sheet Fill wraps with the sausage, cheese mixture bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly& brown.